Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I like surprises...

like receiving emails from your professors that class is canceled. (even though you spent how many hours on that paper last night?!?!?!)

or how you literally have NO homework for the weekend...I'm so far ahead because i dont want to get behind!!!


or surprises like having your roomie show up with a cup of Caribou when you least expect it =]



My Financial Aid issues are officially taken care of, which at first made me want to sigh in relief. But then i realized.... I still need to PAY it. Good thing I don't have time to go shopping, It finally gives me a chance to figure how to budget and what to do with money when it comes my way. I feel a sense of stability now that i have a routine going with managing school, Lifetime Fitness, Spotlight, Dance team, and most importantly, taking care of ME.


I danced my solo from last year for the first time in the studio today. Nobody was in there, and i just wanted to actually Dance. Like not think about the steps or where your focus should be or formations, just dance and let go and be free. By the end of the song i was in tears, not necissarily because i missed my solo (which i do terribly) but because i think it has a significant meaning in my life and what im going through now. It just felt so good to let it go and do what i do, and not think about the rest of the world for that whole 3 minutes.

Homecoming is next week. we have some pretty sweet events and dress up days

Monday: Chillaxin' day- loungin' clothes. how perfect for a monday! We even are having a movie on the Knoll that night
Tuesday: CU Dance Crew Day- the dance team are doing some fun stuff involving spraypaint, tee shirts and rhinestones....yes i said it. RHINESTONES.
Wednesday: Superhero day- haven't quite much thought into this one yet.... i want to get EXTRA clever =]
Thursday: In the spirit of all the fall shows starting (The Office, Grey's Anatomy) we get to dress up as our favorite primetime tv show character. I do believe I'm going the Meredith Grey route)
Friday: CU Spirit Day- basically, load on every piece of blue and gold you can find.
Saturday: GAME DAYYY! vs. Augustana


Thats all for now. I have choreographing to do before teaching and Thursday Movie night with Spotlight staff!

3 comments:

shannonjason said...

Hey it's me, the ever overseeing eye...Auntie Shannie...ha. Anyway, I love reading your posts and seeing what you're up to. The Mom in me is warning you to take down your address though (I know we all are wanting it), BUT....this is a public Blog and even though you're intending on it being for family only...there are some weirdos out there (not just me) that could get access to it and cause problems. So just be leary about the very personal info...ie, last name, address, phone numbers etc. You know I'm just looking out for you little one and want to make sure you're safe.

Love the pictures, looks like you've met a great group of girls to hang out with. :)

Love and miss you!!!
-Shannie

tlnelson12 said...

done and done overseeing auntie =]

shannonjason said...

Just looking out for my sweet girl!! I may not be within arms reach anymore, but I still have my invisible bubble around you =)