Sunday, September 14, 2008

I was never really that great at...


keeping a journal.





But i figured that since this is a new chapter in my life i decided i will at least try... and this way my family can see what I'm up to with me since i don't get to see them everyday like i want to. =]


today is Sunday. I slept in past chapel... dad i promise ill go.. eventually. It's icky outside and the first thought i had this morning was... "I have homework." I actually dont MIND doing homework... i would just rather be making up dances or creating a logo for my studio... which doesnt have a name yet... any ideas!?!?!



I wake up to a phone call from Tori asking if i want to go get brunch at the dining hall. I say yeah and roll out of bed. I meet her downstairs. where i find everyone looking just like me. Sweats, messy ponytail and smeared makeup from last night. Its kinda like nobody really cares here. We are who we are. Even on Sunday mornings. We get to the dining hall and sit down and gossip about all the juicy things that happened the night before.. which I didnt really get involved in. I don't drink. i just dont have the desire to. I believe turning 21 is like a rite of passage. Once you get there you can enjoy drinking. You wouldn't drive a car by yourself at age 14 would you? like i said. Rite of Passage. Anyways, our meals have specific topics: the who went to what party, which one was the best, who is with who, who isn't with who, how broke we all are, the football game (and who has the cutest butt in the football pants) and homework... the last subject is the subject we spend the least time on... knowing its sunday is painful to think about... especially that early in the morning.


After brunch, I head back to my room and grab my homework stuff. I find that if im in my room i get distracted with tv or the internet. So i came down to the commons, grabbed a caribou "golden bear mocha" and sit down and force myself to work. Everything here has SOMETHING to do with our mascot, COMET the GOLDEN BEAR. who, looks like Louie. Just sayin'.




Our football boys won last night. They beat MSU Moorhead... That puts the golden bears at 2-1!

The Performance team also rocked it yesterday too =]









3 comments:

shannonjason said...

HI my little one. Glad to see you're doing good and made it into blog world. I'll put your link on my site (which you can go check out from time to time) Love and miss you SO much!!!

Love Antie Shannie, Uncle Jay, Brenna and baby boy.

Just Kids said...

I am so proud of you. It's fun to hear how well you are doing.

Yes, the performace team rocked. I saw you live on my computer (and out of the rain) :)

Enjoy your week baby girl. I love you more than words can say.
--MOM

grandma said...

Hi Sweetie,
I'm so happy you have this blog so I can keep in touch with you.
Your performance teams doing great, Your mom told me how to watch you on the internet the next time you perform at the game. Looking forward to that.
Miss You and Love You.
Hugs and Kisses
Grandma