Monday, September 15, 2008

The theme of the day is

not being afraid of walking away from things you arent happy with. In other words.... Saying NO.







It's monday and there is already more drama today then there was this past weekend. Im not even gonna go into details. Nobody cares anyway.



"How's School?" Ihonestly think its the most asked question i get. School is... school. My classes are good. not really all that tough, but Im not gonna complain. I've met a lot of cool people. Majority of the people here are athletes so its easy to talk about interests. There are a few football guys in particular that i especially get along with. =]



I had my first night of 7-9, 10-12, and +13 hip hop classes on thursday at spotlight. I have a GREAT group of girls. This year is going to be a great one. Jackie, Megan, Justin, Brittany and I started our own faculty cult. We have adventures every thursday after teaching.. Mostly involving food.


Since this is mostly for my family and my friends all know because im with them 24/7 I suppose i should update the fam on the current dating status.... Drew and I ended things the other night. I just had a gut feeling that it wasn't right.... right now. I think he just wanted to be a college freshman and as he says "play the field". I however, have many more important things to do then be one of the players on that field. Lifetime just hired me, Spotlight has me around, performance team is basically having me RUN the team, school, and friends. thats what is important to me.... right now. Hence the theme of the day being able to say "no"... hopefully i have a smart family that kinda caught on to what that all meant. =] Just kidding, i know you all did! So thats the deal with him.

also speaking of saying no, i told my mom this already but all the girls (except for my roomie erin) i hang out with drink. ALL of them. I stood up and said no to being their DD the other night. I hate to say they are responsible drinkers (lets see cuz we all are.... 18!) but they know if they dont have a DD they wont drink. So standing up to them and telling them that i wasn't going to be their safety net was tough, but at the end of the day i get so much respect for doing so. Not gonna lie it was sooo hard to do.. but hey. i dont want calls at 3 am.

Erin and I get along so well. Im so blessed to have such a great roomie. We tell eachother everything and we feel like we have been friends forever... we even finish eachothers sentences. Tonight we went to her boyfriend josh's friends birthday dinner. We had a lot of fun and laughed so hard. Food was good and we got most of the TGI friday staff to sing to him. Pictures soon, erin took them on her camera since i didnt have mine.

I think thats all for now. I started this earlier this morning and now it is 11:49pm. BEDTIME. haha i wish. Come on now, im a college kid ;]

1 comment:

shannonjason said...

It's been said time and time again that I am so very proud of you and I hope you know that deep down. I have faith that you will make the right decisions that best suit you at the time and you can be the best Tera you can be. (I know, kind of motovational speaker here...yes I do have a van down by the river and my belly is just as big) You will do things that later on you'll say "what the heck did I do/say that for?" but know it's what helps shape you into the person you are. Trust me, you've probably already had those moments. So...keep believing in yourself and do what you think is right for you. I wish I had my head on as straight as you when I was 18 (I made a LOT of dumb moves).

Take care sweet one. I think about you all the time and miss you more than you know.

Love you
Auntie Shannie